1.20.2012

Happy 2012 [20 days later]!

Holy moly. Are we 20 days into 2012? Didn't 2012 just start like, yesterday? Sigh.

I hope all of you had a great holiday season! Ours was pretty great, mainly because we got to spend it all together as a family. J was home for my entire Christmas break, which was fantastic. He and I got a lot of quality time in [and i actually got a kiss at midnight on new year's this year, woot], and he and JJ got in a lot of time, too. Wish my dad could've been home, but hopefully this past Christmas was the last one we'll all be apart.

JJ and Daddy at the grandparents'.
I got some great gifts, as always - my iPad I got in July was my big gift, so I really wasn't expecting anything. Got new kitchen stuff from my sister, a ton of new jewelry [yay!] from my parents, some OSU stuff from husband and other random little things that have slipped my mind in the near month since Christmas came and went. We got some snow on the 23rd, but it was gone by Christmas Eve - ah well. After the Christmas Eve blizzard of 2009, I'm over snow. I got my White Christmas [and then some].

New Year's Eve was a lot of fun. This was the first year since before JJ was born that I've gone out and actually done something. J and I went to the Thunder/Suns game [and he got to try and shoot the half court shot for 20 G's! he didn't make it, but he did walk away with a hundred bucks - works for me!], then we went out with some friends to Cafe Nova. Place was stupid packed, but we still had a good time toasting champagne, taking pictures in the free photo booth and just hanging out. And, as I mentioned before, I got my New Year's kiss - which means 2012 is going to be fabulous. :)

Champagne toast to ring in 2012!
Now J's back at training to deploy, and I'm super SUPER busy with work. At the moment, I'm neglecting finishing chores in my apartment to blog, but oh well. I have energy for the first time in nearly two weeks, so I need to take advantage of it. And, since I 1.) never finished the other part of my 2011 countdown and 2.) haven't blogged since 2011, thought it was fine time to update. I wish I had something exciting to share, but I really don't at the moment...work has been super crazy that my free time is spent sleeping or cleaning. I honestly don't remember the beginning of last semester being this nuts - I've been back to work for almost three weeks and am STILL catching up. Craziness.

2012 promises to be a crazy, awesome year for me, J and JJ. We hope to expand our family, possibly make a move and see off/bring back a third of our little family. While 2011 overall was a pretty good year for us, I hope that 2012 is even better. It's already gotten off to a great start, and I hope that great start continues. Now that we're in a new year though, it's time to do some new things. I'm going to change up this blog a little bit and restart my 101 in 1001. I pretty much quit working on it because I lost motivation - and I need a fresh start. So instead of letting it expire in June, I'm going to revamp it to things that are relevant to my life now and restart it. I'm determined to get as much of it knocked out as possible, because I really like the idea. I'm also going to restart my project 365, starting on my birthday. I know that 26 will be a crazy awesome year for me, and I want to capture every moment.

When I first started blogging, I hadn't realized how much it would take to maintain it. Now that my life is balancing out and I understand that blogging is a commitment, I'm going to do better about writing things down. This blog is my way to communicate with those who are curious, those who know me and those who love me - and I want to share my memories with all three groups [and anyone else that will listen]. For those still reading, thanks for sticking around - I promise there will be lots from me in 2012.

No comments: