3.01.2012

It's March. When did it become March? Ya know, when 2012 started, I was determined to make this year stretch out as long as I possibly could...and yet, the first two months [including the extra leap day!] are completely gone. How are we nearly a quarter of the way through this year already?

I am currently suffering through a head cold, which I hope disappears sooner rather than later. I'm almost done with enrollment advising, which means I've seen a lot of students over the past couple of weeks - and I know some of them have been sick. The random weather changes - rain and cold one minute; sun and warmth the next - aren't helping, either. Oklahoma didn't have any semblance of a winter this year, at all. Considering the past three years, we've had major snow storms hit that have just about shut down the state and made it feel like winter just a little bit, having practically no snow this year has been super weird. I know I shouldn't complain, because snow storms suck when you live in a state that can't handle them, but I'm complaining just a little bit. I wanted at least a little bit of snow dang it. Ah well.

Our little family has had to make an adjustment of sorts lately - husband is now deployed. Having him leave was harder on me than I thought it would be, so I kinda shut down a little in order to adjust...but now that he's been gone for a bit, it's not as hard to handle. I worry all the time, I check the news way too much now, and I wait by the phone to see if he'll call...but I have faith that he will be fine and come home safe sometime this year. I miss him, but I know the time will pass quickly once we get to the home stretch. It's still a little weird, knowing he's not stateside for the time being...

Anyway. February was a little crazy for us, but in a good way. My dad was able to come home for most of the month on R&R, and it was definitely nice to have him around. The family took a weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge, which was sooooooooo fun [just like it was over Thanksgiving]. This mam treated herself to a spa mani/pedi as a Valentine's Day present to myself, which was so wonderful. I really need to pamper myself more often, because I really don't do it. JJ had a lot of fun swimming and running around the hotel, and my sister and I had fun doing the Magic Quest game with JJ's wand [yes, we're really 12 years old at heart]. I'll have to post pictures once I dig out my camera and upload things.

I wish I had more to report, but as usual, life has just been mellow the past few weeks. Once enrollment advising is over, I hope to get my life back - work has absolutely swamped me since the semester started, and I hope to finally catch up and get things back on track [i haaaaaaaaate being behind]. And, I can admit it - I've kinda been in a funk over J leaving, so I need to snap out of it and get things back in gear. I'll get a good start to that this weekend...I'm chopping off a few inches of hair. I am so excited for my first hair cut in like, 2.5 years, and I'm looking forward to reclaiming my hair and not being irritated over it. Pictures of the chop to come!

1 comment:

Kaycie Christine said...

I hope you feel better soon. This weather has been crazy!

I'll keep J and your dad in my prayers!