9.11.2012

My happy list.

The past couple of days have been OK. I'm still very emotional, but I'm starting to feel OK again. I went by my job yesterday and saw some very good friends [all while shedding minimal tears], and I'm back in Stillwater doing some things. Being back in town isn't as bad this time as it was last time - for a few days, I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to come back here. Things are starting to feel back to normal though [well, as normal as normal can be].

Some things have brought me joy the last few days:

1. Shopping. I'm back in most of my old clothes at this point [which is crazy considering I'm three weeks out from delivery], but I still have some pudge I hope to work off once my OB clears me for exercise. So I took this opportunity to spend some money and shop. I've gotten four new dresses, including this number from Target:


And this super cute skirt from Ann Taylor [i've done some damage at that store this month, that's for sure]:


It's nice to have cute new clothes to wear to work. Now, I'll just have to bring myself to keep shaving my legs so I can wear skirts and dresses...

2. Gangnam Style. I am in loooooove with PSY and his "Gangnam Style" video/dance. I've seriously been doing the dance around my apartment the last 24 hours.


3. My sweet boy. JJ and I have spent quite a bit of time together since I've been out of work, and it's been nice to have this time. He has so much energy and is so lively, and he does so many random things that makes me laugh. JJ keeps me going when I just want to curl up in bed and shut the world out; I am so, so grateful for him.


4. Wine. So, while I was pregnant, I bought a bottle of Cupcake Moscato to open after I came home with Devon. Even though he did not come home with me, I still opened the bottle and [i'm a big enough of a girl to admit this] cried through a couple of glasses. The wine was fantastic, though - even J thought it was good, and he's not a big wine drinker. I also discovered Rosso Dolce, a roscato, at Olive Garden last time I went. DELISH.


5. Sports. Football is finally back - and I'm still excited that it's back, even with everything that's happened. I'm in two fantasy leagues and somehow managed to win both games this past weekend. College football is still a little iffy for me - I'm not even sure if I'm going to any OSU games this year because I just don't feel up to it - but I've watched some good games. I watched a lot of the US Open [go serena williams!] and have caught some soccer matches, too. Even though the Olympics is over, I've still caught my fair share of sports. I'm just glad football's back.


Those are just some of the things that have made me happy. It's still hard to be happy all the time, and I still have my moments where I feel like nothing will make me feel happy again. But these things have definitely helped, especially JJ. I don't know where I would be without him. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in Stillwater. :) Oh, the Roscato you get a Olive Garden is super cheap at the store-you shold check it out. :) We have to do lunch soon!